Emergency Notifications & Preparedness
We recommend signing up for the following services, which may cover different but overlapping issues.
Town of Telluride Text Notifications
The Town of Telluride uses CivicReady communications to notify residents and visitors about power outages, transportation issues, public safety matters, road closures, emergencies, and more via text message and email. When you sign up for Town of Telluride Text Notifications, be sure to read the instructions carefully to select the categories you're interested in.
- Click here to sign up for Town of Telluride Text Notifications or modify your notification profile.
- Click here to sign up for the Town of Telluride Newsletter to receive Town news and information by email.
Town of Telluride Emergency Notification System
The Town of Telluride uses the Integrated Public Alert & Warning System (IPAWS), FEMA's national system for local alerting that provides authenticated emergency and life-saving information to the public. These notifications are pushed to mobile phones using Wireless Emergency Alerts, to radio and television via the Emergency Alert System, and on the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Weather Radio. The system does not require that you sign up but will be used to communicate to cell phones in the area of an incident to relay information and directions.
San Miguel County Alert & Warning
In late 2022, San Miguel County public safety officials switched their notification system from CodeRED to GEM. Anyone who was signed up for CodeRED will need to re-register for the new system. During an emergency, public safety officials must be able to reach those in the community who are most at risk. You can sign up and receive emergency notifications via voice, text, or email. The SMC Alert and Warning System (powered by GEM) is used for general alerts regarding emergency evacuations, road closures, road conditions, or severe weather, and is primarily for commuters, visitors, businesses, and residents. A text message will be sent to your mobile device and/or email outlining the nature of the emergency.
In the case of an emergency, the Town of Telluride will push notifications through text messages, email, and social media posts. All information will also be posted here with time stamps to ensure residents and visitors can access information in one centralized place online. A tab will be created for each incident. This page can be reached by entering bit.ly/totemergency in your search bar.
Town of Telluride Channels:
- Click here to sign up for Town of Telluride Text Message Notifications
- Click here to sign up for Town of Telluride emails
- Click here to access the Town of Telluride Facebook
- Click here to access the Town of Telluride Twitter
- Click here to access the Town of Telluride Instagram
- Click here to access the Telluride Marshal's Department Facebook
- Click here to access the Telluride Marshal's Department Instagram
- There are no alerts at this time.