Standalone Candidate Standalone candidates are candidates without a candidate committee. A candidate committee is not required if you will not seek or accept contributions during candidacy or if a candidate will only spend their own money. A candidate committee is required if a candidate will accept money from any other person or entity.
Candidate Committee A candidate committee accepts contributions and makes expenditures under the authority of the candidate. A candidate committee includes the candidate. It is not necessary for a candidate committee to have additional members.
Political Committee A political committee is any person, other than a natural person, or any group of two or more persons, including natural persons that have accepted or made contributions or expenditures in excess of $200 to support of oppose the nomination or election of one or more candidates.
Colorado law defines an issue committee as any person, other than a natural person, or any group of two or more persons, including natural persons, that has:
- A major purpose of supporting or opposing any ballot issue or ballot question; and
- That has accepted or made contributions or expenditures in excess of $200 to support or oppose any ballot issue or ballot question OR has printed two hundred or more petition sections.
Please read the Campaign Finance Manual for additional campaign finance information.
- 2021 Municipal Filing Calendar
- New Committee Registration
- Report of Contributions and Expenditures
- Non-Receipt of Contributions & Non-Expenditure
- Notice of Major Contributor
- Statement of Personal Expenditures
Filings All reports required to be filed are public records. You can view campaign finance reports by accessing our public records page.
Pursuant to Telluride Municipal Code Section 2-1-120, Town of Telluride Rules and Procedure For Adjudication Of Alleged Violations Of Campaign Finance Laws Relating To Municipal Elections have been posted for adoption. Public comment should be submitted to Town Clerk Tiffany Kavanaugh at email@example.com prior to August 29, 2021. Posted this 18th day of August, 2021.