- Marshal's Department
- Parking Permit Information
Parking Permit Information
- Will I be getting a guest pass with my permit application?
Each residence is allowed one guest permit with their residential permit application. There is no physical guest pass issued. You must add a vehicle when applying that will serve as your guest vehicle. Manage your guest vehicle in the parking permit portal by logging in to your account and clicking on your name on the upper right corner of the screen and selecting "your permits". Edit your guest vehicle by clicking on the pencil on the right side of the guest vehicle and enter your guest's plate number.
- When may I apply for a parking permit renewal?
Parking permits are available for purchase or renewal starting the month they expire.
- What if I sell my car?
Residents or businesses can change their plate number assigned in the parking permit portal by logging in to their account and clicking on their name on the upper right corner of the screen and selecting your permits then editing the vehicle information by clicking on the pencil on the right side of the vehicle.
- How do I know what zone I am in, and where my zone begins and ends?
There is a map located on this web-site you may view. Additionally, signs are posted throughout the town on each block that has been zoned for permits.
- Is my permit good for parking on main street and in the center lane?
No, you must pay to park in the business district from Aspen to Alder and on adjoining side streets where posted. All other streets allow free two-hour parking, permits exempt. The center lane has a 30 minute limit by permit only. You may not drop off or pick pedestrians up from the center lane. Centerlane permits are designated for Delivery Companies (i.e. Fed-Ex, U.P.S, Budweiser) and Colorado Avenue business are eligible for one transferrable Centerlane permit.
The Town of Telluride uses ToCite, an online parking permit portal, to issue both business and residential parking permits.
Once you have applied for a parking permit online via ToCite, you will receive an email notification within 7 days that your permit has been approved and you will also be notified the month your permit expires.
How to Get a Parking Permit
- Permit applications for Silverjack and Shandoka (Shandoka, Virginia Placer, Boarding House, and Creekside residents) are available on the town's website and not available through the ToCite portal. These applications can be downloaded and brought to the Marshal's Department or emailed to Kalli Baillargeon, Marshal's Department Administrative Assistant, with all required documentation.
- All other parking permit applications are available on the town's online parking permit portal, ToCite.
General Parking Permit Information
- Eligible businesses are allowed one or two permits and no guest pass is issued. Please view the Zone Map (PDF) for businesses/resident-eligible areas. This map outlines the different parking permit areas and helps you determine if your residence is eligible for a permit.
- "G" Zone residents may obtain one permit per resident. After two have been issued per residence, more may only be issued if the residence does not have off-street parking. Each residence may be allowed one guest permit for that address.
- "O" and "W" Zone permit residents are eligible for two permits per residence and one guest pass.
- "A" Zone permit residents are eligible for one permit and one guest pass per residence.
- "S" Zone residents in Etta Place, Etta Place Too, Double Diamond, and Cimarron commercial units are eligible for free parking permits. Guest passes are issued at the Marshal's Department for up to two weeks at a time.
- "B" Butcher Creek parking permits allow each residence a maximum of two transferrable resident permits
- Service parking permit is a permit that allows businesses that perform small, non-construction jobs and require their vehicles to be parked nearby in permitted or metered areas when performing service.
- Centerlane permits are for commercial and Colorado Avenue businesses with a Town of Telluride business license who must load/unload to Colorado Avenue businesses. There is a 30-minute maximum.
- All “G", "W", "O", "A", and "B” permits are $40 each.
- Permits should be used only as intended. Anyone using a permit or pass for any purpose other than intended may have his or her permit revoked.
- Applications will be available starting the first day of the month of expiration.
- All parking is enforced by Code Enforcement from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Sunday.
- Posted Holidays are not enforced. However, problem parking will be addressed on those off days (i.e. parking in a fire lane, blocking alleys and driveways).