Greenscape guidelines have been implemented throughout the Town of Telluride in order to establish and maintain right of way landscaping that meets the following goals:
- Decrease air and water pollution.
- Increase street safety and functionality.
- Be aesthetically pleasing.
- Improve pedestrian safety and the pedestrian experience by increasing the separation between foot-travelers and motorized traffic.
- Soften the look of the right of way.
- Decrease the amount of impervious surface, preserving some area in the right of way for infiltration.
- Provide space for snow storage in winter.
The Environmental & Engineering Division monitors these areas along with other areas designated in the Streetscape Standards.