How do I start and stop utility service?

Home owners do not need to start/stop service when selling or buying property. Utility accounts are updated when closing documentation is received from your title company. 

If you are using a local title company, this usually occurs a week after closing. If you are using a title company not in Telluride, you will need to have closing documentation from the title company sent to the Town of Telluride - Finance Department at PO Box 1704, Telluride, CO 81435.

Current homeowners looking to start or stop trash & recycle services should call Bruin Waste at (970) 864-7531.

New homeowners looking to establish trash & recycling service should call the Finance Department at (970) 728-2162.

Properties going under construction (remodels, additions, etc.) may have water shut off,  but must continue paying utility fees to maintain access to their water & sewer taps. 

For water shutoffs at the street, please contact Public Works to schedule assistance.

Show All Answers

1. Why is my water bill / usage higher than normal?
2. Where can I dump my RV waste?
3. How do I report a bad odor or taste in my water?
4. I have some hard to dispose of items (paint, furniture, electronics, etc.) how do I dispose of them?
5. How do I start and stop utility service?
6. My trash can/polycart has been damaged or needs a repair, how do I take care of that?
7. How do I start paying my water/trash bill online?
8. How do I change my billing address or change my tenant information?
9. How do I read my utilities bill?
10. What are new homeowner services?