Town of Telluride - Summary of Key Decisions – August 2, 2022
Town Manager Scott Robson gave an overview of the 6-month progress of the Town of Telluride’s 2022 Adopted Goals and Objectives:
- Preserving Community – Securing Affordable Housing: The Sunnyside Lottery was a success, and our first residents are moving in this month. Virginia Placer 2 has passed HARC approvals, and the Shandoka Lot L Feasibility and Conceptual Plan kick off meeting commences on August 3, 2022 at 6 pm at Rebekah Hall. The Town and County have acquired the Diamond Ridge parcel and will be prioritizing discussions regarding Carhenge’s future and potential partnership opportunities.
- To enhance community engagement, the Manager’s Office will be launching a new informational portal to better facilitate community engagement in critical initiatives. Stay tuned for additional information.
- Town Council has adopted new policies through the Building and Planning department to reduce the impact of construction projects in the Town of Telluride.
- Providing Consistent Outreach – The building and planning department has concluded their Community Vision Survey. The Manager’s Office will continue to release the summaries of key decisions made by Town Council.
- This fiscal year the Town is looking to hire staff that will be focused on implementation of the Climate Action Plan which has been approved and adopted by Public Works.
- Parking Fees were increased 50 cents per hour from $1.5 to $2.00 and SilverJack Business Parking Spaces are still available through the Marshal’s Department.
- Town Park implementation of their Master Plan and completion of the new Town Park Skatepark.
- Major initiatives and goals are in a solid position regarding sales tax, real estate transfer tax, and annual budget.
Building and Planning Director Ron Quarles gave a short presentation on proposed alterations to the construction mitigation planning requirements. Town Council voted unanimously to adopt these changes.
Finance Director Kailey Ranta demonstrated necessary budget amendments to Town Council.
Block 23 Housing Corporation appointed Town Manager Scott Robson as the new Chief Executive Officer.
The Clerks will be accepting Winter Vending applications up until August 15, 2022 either in person at Town Hall (135 W Columbia Ave) or via online submittal. There is a $40 application fee that can be paid in person or over the phone.