2022 Barricade Passes



 There will be a barricade set up near the town entrance starting at 4pm on Wednesday, June 15 for the Bluegrass Festival. During this time, there will be requirements for entry into Town and legal parking on Town property. 

The following vehicles will be allowed through the barricade and allowed to park on Town property:

  • Vehicles displaying a current San Miguel County Seal windshield sticker*
     *PLEASE NOTE: The San Miguel County Seal windshield stickers are not transferrable. Vehicles displaying this sticker that are not lawfully registered in San Miguel County are subject to ticketing and impoundment*
  • Commercial Vehicles 
  • Motorcycles
  • Vehicles displaying Persons with Disabilities placards or license plates
  • Vehicles displaying a 3hour Temporary Pass (issued at the barricade)
  • Vehicles displaying the 2020 Barricade Pass (issued by the Parks and Recreation Department—the passes are dated 2020 since we are using existing inventory)

NEW FOR 2022: Town parking permits no longer grant entry into Town or allow legal parking on Town streets since permits are now electronic and are not visible on vehicles.


  • Barricade passes are available at the Parks & Recreation Dept. office from 9am – 4pm daily through Wednesday, June 15. 
  • Town of Telluride residents:
    1. Homeowners IN the Town of Telluride will receive 2 passes via standard mail at the address water bills are received. Passes will be mailed in early May.
    2. If you live in town, and do not have a San Miguel County vehicle registration, and did not receive household passes in the mail, you can receive a barricade pass from the P&R office by providing your photo ID and proof of residency at a physical address (i.e. rental agreement, utility bill, tax statement, and so forth).   
      • For Town Rental Housing tenants (Shandoka and Virginia Placer), please obtain barricade passes at the Telluride Housing Department office.  
      • Town of Telluride business license holders:
        1. Request forms are available below for businesses to request passes on behalf of their employees and guests who do not have a San Miguel County vehicle registration
    3. Please fill request forms out completely and submit it to the Parks and Recreation Department via email.  All requests will be fulfilled as soon as possible.  Please remember to indicate if you wish to have the passes mailed back to you or available for pick up in the office.   

For any further questions/information related to festival barricade passes, please contact:
Parks & Recreation at 970-728-2173 or send an email to parksandrec@telluride-co.gov