We welcome your business to Telluride. To assist you in business planning, we offer the following information.
Telluride has a business license law that mandates the licensing of persons doing business within Telluride town limits (Telluride Municipal Code Section 6-1-10 through 6-1-100) and Lawson Hill. Non-profits are exempt from this requirement.
Business license proceeds are distributed to the visitors bureau
- Marketing Telluride, Inc., for regional marketing (74%)
- Open Space Fund (20%)
- Town administration (6%)
Fees for licenses vary according to the type of business and number of employees, as outlined in the application. A separate license is required for each business location.
The Town of Telluride uses a 3rd party program, MUNIRevs to:
- Process business license applications
- Renewal of business licenses
- Sales and excise tax licenses and remittance
Visit the Telluride MUNIRevs website to start an application or renewal of a business license.
For assistance creating your MUNIRevs account or connecting to your existing business account, please contact the MUNIRevs Support Department at (888) 751-1911.
- Detailed MUNIRevs business license set up instructions.
- Please note that State of Colorado law requires a Lawful Presence Affidavit for a sole proprietorship, which must be notarized by the Clerk's Department.
- Prensa aqui para obtener Declaracion Jurada de Presencia Legal (en Espanol).
Note: For information regarding Telluride sales taxes, please contact the Finance Director at (970) 728-2163, or visit the Finance Department.
A short-term rental is a rental for less than thirty days (1-29 days). A business license and tax remittance is required on all short-term rentals. Fees are one hundred sixty-five dollars ($165.00) plus twenty-two dollars ($22.00) per sleeping room. Sleeping Room means any area with a bed surrounded by a minimum of one wall. Please note that the Town of Telluride has restrictions regarding short term rentals in residential zone districts in its Land Use Code.