Telluride Town Park Campground
The Town Park Campground is closed for the 2023 season.
- Please check back after January 1, 2024 for updates regarding camping for the 2024 season.
- No Winter Camping available in or around Telluride. Recommend that you check out Ridgway State Park for year-round camping options.
Campground Rules and Regulations
- NEW! Restroom/Shower Facility - all-in-one facility on-site includes restrooms, showers, dishwashing station, trash and recycling.
- NEW! Each token is valued at $1.00 which equates to 90 seconds of hot water.
- The token machines are bill to token (no quarters please!). Please note that the machine will dispense the amount in tokens that you insert bills for and the office is not set up to refund for tokens.
- Our campsites do not offer electric or water. The closest campground with electric is Matterhorn
- Water is available for on-site campers only. There is no dump station in the campground, arrangements must be made with Waste Water Treatment Plant for dumping. Recommend dumping prior to arriving in the area.
- Maximum of two (2) tagged vehicles on the ground (i.e. vehicles with license plate) are permitted per site. Exception is motorcycles (two motorcycles equal one vehicle license plate per site)
- No single vehicle (bumper to bumper) OR unit (tongue to bumper) can exceed 30' length; please note that site size restrictions apply.
- Slide-outs are not recommended for all sites.
- Individual campsites have vehicle size restrictions specific to site layout and size. If your vehicle does not fit within the site limitations, you will be turned away. Please plan accordingly.
- Only (1) one RV is permitted per vehicle campsite
- A maximum of 6 people per vehicle site
- Parking is a short walk across the bridge from the walk-in tent camping sites.
- Walk-in tent sites only have parking available for one standard (18' max) size vehicle or 2 motorcycles. Additional parking is not available in Town Park, so please plan accordingly.
- NO RV parking
- No sleeping is permitted in the walk-in site car parking.
- A maximum of 4 people per walk-in tent site.
- All registered vehicles, campers and tents must be contained within the designated campsite and not impacting surrounding vegetation and roadway. Do not remove any posts, boulders, native vegetation, or tree branches.
- No additional parking is provided on-site for additional vehicles and overnight parking is very limited in the Town of Telluride, so please plan accordingly.
- The campground attendant is on-duty and on-site for check-in's from 3:00 pm- 9:00 pm MT.
- The Campground Attendant lives on-site and is there to enforce the Campground Rules and
Regulations as stated here.
- NEW! Generators are only permitted from 3:00 pm (check-in time) until 6:00 pm daily, NO
EXCEPTIONS. Please plan accordingly.
- NO WOOD BURNING-EVER
(charcoal grills are provided at all vehicle sites for charcoal only)
- Campground quiet hours are from 10:00 pm until 8:00 am. Please be respectful of your neighbors
- Please do not cut off tree branches for any reason; contact campground attendant for assistance.
- NO nails, screws, ropes, or lines permitted to be tied or inserted into trees or shrubs.
- Under no circumstance should fresh/gray/black water be dumped on the ground.
(There is a dishwashing station on the south side of the restroom/shower building. The trash/recycle is also located in this facility).
- Vending in the campground or in Town Park is prohibited
- Visitors are permitted at your campsite; however, camping visitors must park in the Town Park
main parking lot (not in designated recreation parking areas)
- No drones or aerial devices allowed in Town Park/Campground
- Do not bike or walk-through other campsites to access trails or other Town Park features
- Electric bikes, scooters, one-wheels, etc are motorized vehicles; please observe all trail signage
- Must be always on a leash in the Campground
- Pets must never be left unattended at a campsite.
- Please clean up after your pet; compostable poop bags available outside restroom/shower facility
- No livestock permitted in the campground