Town of Telluride Campground
THE CAMPGROUND IS CLOSED FOR THE 2021 SEASON
Please check back after January 1, 2022 for updates regarding the 2022 season dates, policy updates, and online reservation information.
Camping in the Surrounding Areas of Telluride
- There are no private campgrounds in Telluride. The surrounding Forest Area offers several camping options that can be found on the United States Forest Service Website.
- The closest Colorado State Park to Telluride is Ridgway State Park.
Camping in the Surrounding Areas of Ouray
- Does the Town Park Campground have hook-ups?
No, the campground does not have hook-ups of any kind. There are bathroom and shower facilities available on-site and drinking water is accessible. Generators are allowed as long as quiet hours are respected. Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am.
- Is there any place in Telluride where I can camp if the Campground is full or unavailable?
It is unlawful for any person to camp or sleep overnight in or on any Town-owned park, open space or other public property, or remain within or on such lands beyond the hours of authorized public access or use. Town Ordinance (7-2-40 & 10-4-60), fines may apply. Camping on private property would be permissible after obtaining permission from the property owners.
- Is there another campground located in Telluride?
No, there are no other campgrounds or RV parks located with in the Town of Telluride. Please see our main campground page for links and information on other camping outside of Telluride.
- Is the Telluride Town Park Campground dog friendly?
Yes, dogs are welcome in the Town Park Campground during our normal campground operations. We ask that dogs be kept on leashes while in the Campground and not left unattended. Please no livestock in the Campground.
- When can I make a reservation for the campground?
Watch the website for season dates.