Town of Telluride Campground
2022 Town of Telluride Campground Update:
2022 Season Dates: Friday May 13, 2022 (Noon MT) through
Monday October 10, 2022 (11:00 am MT)
Campground Reservation Black-Out Dates:
- 11:00am June 11, 2022, through noon June 20, 2022 (Bluegrass Festival)
- 11:00am July 8, 2022, through noon July 11, 2022 (The Ride Festival) (night of July, 7th is pending approval)
- 11:00am August 11, 2022, through noon August 15, 2022 (The Jazz Festival)
- 11:00am September 14, 2022, through noon September 19, 2022 (Blues and Brews Festival)
Online Reservation OPENING DAY:
Online reservations will open for the entire season (excluding black-out dates) in April. The exact date is TBD; please check back for online updates.
NEW THIS YEAR:
- The campground will have a new layout with new campsite numbers and a new online reservation interactive map.
This information is COMING SOON.
- We have implemented a new online reservation software.
- We will be adding a Campground Host to our team.
- The NEW campground restroom/shower facility will open Spring of 2022.
- The cancellation policy has been amended to address late cancellations, early departures, and no call no shows.
Online Reservation Tips:
Due to the incredibly high demand of our campground, we have identified the following tips to improve your 2022 online reservation experience:
YOU CAN DO THIS NOW:
- SETUP OR REVIEW YOUR ACCOUNT HERE
- If you have an existing account, you will need to “sign in” and update your account with a new password by following the forgot password functionality. Please also review the “My Account” tab to verify and input additional information.
- To setup a new account, use the “create an account” option.
- PLEASE NOTE: if you create multiple accounts, you will get locked out of your account and making reservations will not be possible without the assistance of P&R staff.
PATIENCE IS THE KEY
- The new software has a queue system that will prevent items put in your cart from being removed from another online reservation shopper.
- You will have a limited amount of time to complete your reservation before being timed out. DO NOT create another account or you will not be able to secure a reservation.
- When online reservations open and you are searching for your desired reservation dates; if one of your desired days, the campground is sold out, your entire reservation will come back as unavailable. If this occurs, recommend searching one day at a time.
- If you make a reservation into multiple sites over multiple days, P&R staff does not have the ability to modify this reservation.
- Recommend that you not try to make your camping reservations from your cellular phone.
There is NO Winter Camping available in Telluride, Colorado, as the campground is closed for the winter season.
Camping in the Surrounding Areas of Telluride
- There are no private campgrounds in Telluride. The surrounding Forest Area offers several camping options that can be found on the United States Forest Service Website.
- The closest Colorado State Park to Telluride is Ridgway State Park.
Camping in the Surrounding Areas of Ouray
- When can I make a reservation for the campground?
Watch the website for season dates.
- What if I need to cancel my reservation?
Our 2022 cancellation policy has been amended and will be posted when online reservations open for the 2022 season.
- Is there another campground located in Telluride?
No, there are no other campgrounds or RV parks located with in the Town of Telluride. Please see our main campground page for links and information on other camping outside of Telluride.
- Can I camp in my car in the town of Telluride?
It is unlawful for any person to camp or sleep overnight in or on any Town-owned park, open space or other public property, or remain within or on such lands beyond the hours of authorized public access or use. Town Ordinance (7-2-40 & 10-4-60), fines may apply. Camping on private property would be permissible after obtaining permission from the property owners.
- Does the Town Park Campground have hook-ups?
No, the campground does not have hook-ups of any kind. There are bathroom and shower facilities available on-site and drinking water is accessible. Generators are allowed as long as quiet hours are respected. Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am.